Interviewing for Sales Hunter Positions
When a company wants a sales hunter, they want to focus on someone who can bring on new business. It’s important to discuss your hunting experience as talking about account management activities (or anything else) usually places doubt in the interviewer’s mind.
Discuss the Strategies You Used at Past Jobs to Acquire New Business
- Diversified your outreach activities (but predominately were phone and email with some social media).
- You found that different people responded to different forms of reach out.
- Therefore you would often begin with the phone (as most cold-calling positions want the candidates to use the phone).
- You found that personalized reach-outs that played to the person’s buying personality was the most effective method.
- You learned to determine whether the individual was persuaded by hard facts or by emotion.