- There are ways to sell yourself during an interview that can across as not bragging
- Much of that strategy has to do with how you preface the statement
Preface Statement (conveyed in a thoughtful, reflective tone) + What Has Made You Successful
Preface statements are reflective in nature, talk about your past and can easily be worked into the discussion.
- Part of what has made me successful
- What I attribute a lot of my ability to do well
- What I attribute the success we had at company x is
- In my opinion, part of what has given me a competitive advantage
Ways to Describe Your Success
- Have a propensity for taking on calculated risks while not over-stretching myself.
- Showing a commitment to current and past organizations as well as a commitment to consistent personal growth.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change and can maintain integrity and positivity in difficult situations.
- Driven to succeed not just for the money, but motivated by an embedded desire to achieve for the sake of achievement.
- An ability to remain optimistic, hardworking and creative when the odds seem against them.
- Steadfast organization and a willingness to always look at what could be done better and find ways to improve.