Cold-Calling Sales Interviewing Strategies
The following is an excerpt from “Sales Hunting Strategies” which is part of the Interviewing Essentials membership package.
To access all interviewing topics, please visit the Interviewing Intelligence page.
Discussing Sales Strategies
As a sales representative, I did everything possible to maximize return on investment through prospecting activities
- Meant determining what the most profitable selling routes were
- Gaining the ability to navigate corporate bureaucracies
- Discuss how you were able to work with little resources knowing that the company had to build up cash reserves for growth plans
- Discuss how you were able to establish a relationship with the buyers which made it easier to get referrals, manage the accounts once on-board and repeat business
- Discuss how you prioritized working alongside clients to establish trust
Describing Sales Work Ethic
The following statement is an effective way to convince employers you have the desired work ethic.
- I’ve always felt that if you are passionate about what you are doing, you work smarter, more tenaciously and are able to overcome obstacles more readily
- You are used to selling in a competitive market and thrive on the challenges
When interviewing for a sales job, it is important to discuss your career achievements.
- You expedited the sales cycle
- You were able to increase the average sale